Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
Originally Posted by Mastershake340
One big problem with touting potential treatments before they are confirmed
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/l...navirus-treatment/ar-BB11xIIQ?li=BBnbcA1

My opinion is not allowed to be verbalized here but, shout rant realcrazy fan help spank puke

You must trust the really smart.

Returning to the N95 mask discussion. I checked my shop today, and one of the boxes of N95 masks on the back of the shelf I had thought was a box of 50 is only 20, but still had the price tag on it, $2.95 eek. I do and still do during this downturn do a lot of fiberglass, Carbon fiber, body filler, metal grinding etc

I have other "100" organic masks and the typical nuisance dust masks, which are almost worthless, except I wonder how useful they might be wearing over a N95 mask, as a pre filer to extend a N95 useful life?

I was also thinking about how non medical users could safely extend the private use of non valve N95 masks, based on the earlier suggestion of using 48hrs? of sunlight/UV to disinfect.

I was wondering what full emulsion in Hydrogen peroxide, isopropyl alcohol ( maybe test one with a drop or two added of Tincture of iodine to get some long term virus/microbial benefits?), 10% bleach/water, and/or boiling water would do to the composition of the mask. Even if it degraded it a bit, it could extend its life in this crisis. I would think in all cases keeping the retaining straps above the method chosen, would help to protect them, and not sure the straps are a big hazard item anyway.

I haven't decided yet to "sacrifice" 4? masts to test them out, and I have no way to verify any non visual degradation, nor real effectiveness in sterilizing/disinfecting the masks.

Any suggestions?

PS, I'm all for anchovies

Last edited by jcc; 03/22/20 10:06 PM.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.