Originally Posted by Jer
From Julius Cuomo's own state records -

So, the "Stay Home" quarantine part was wrong all along. Imagine that. Remember, as an upstate New Yorker I can say this with confidence - EVERYTHING "Andy the Insane" Cuomo says is a flat-out fabrication.

It's not quite clear to me what your assertion is.

Are you saying that if people hadn't been instructed to stay at home that the numbers of infections wouldn't have been any more?

Or, are you saying that staying at home doesn't protect you from the virus? Like, people caught it from the 5G network or something.

To my logic, the data presented by Cuomo says that despite people staying at home, some of them either didn't practice social distancing and handwashing, or they had family members or roommates bring it in from outside and they either weren't able to self-isolate or didn't know that they should have (i.e. asymptomatic infected people having contact with them). Also, to my logic, if nothing had been done the actual numbers (not just relative percentages) would actually be much higher. I mean, why wouldn't they be?

I'm thinking that, for example, if 4 people shared an apartment with 1 bathroom, then it would be very difficult for an infected person to isolate without having to share common areas with the rest, therefore chance of infection would be high, despite others trying to do the right thing and staying home. But, if these same 4 people shared a large house with 2+ bathrooms, then the infected person would have a better chance of isolating themselves from the rest and not passing on the virus. However if all those people just acted like normal and didn't stay inside or practice social distancing, didn't wash their hands well, etc, then you would have 5 people going out into the world and passing it along to everybody they came in contact with when they were out.

Just wondering what your thought process is on this.

Last edited by ChryCoGuy; 05/07/20 03:30 PM.