Originally Posted by Doc Fiberglass
jCc ... you know more than most here .....

A Q that’s been bugging me .....

If the max life of the virus is 48 hours ... why not let any used masks 48 hours to DRY OUT in the sun light then reuse them ?

Not sure i agree with your initial premise.

I might concede I might be more intense and outspoken then normal.

To address your question, I think a bigger more pertinent question, which I mentioned briefly days ago and it got little traction here, any "95" series mask with a breathing "valve", only stops the virus from being transmitting one direction, on the intake. Many "industrial" masks have this feature, they cost slightly more money, and are rather beneficial when used by a wearer doing exerting labor outdoors. I wonder if the recent exemption of liability congress passed, took this into account, because it really promotes a lot of false hope to those nearby a wearer, IMO.

Also IMO, sunlight is normally a great disinfectant, why I like grabbing an empty grocery cart that has been left in the sunlight, vs one racked inside the air conditioned store.

Unless you live next to say an outdoor land fill, the sun/heat is your friend for killing bad stuff if kept dry. twocents

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.