Originally Posted by DAYCLONA
Originally Posted by AndyF
It will be interesting to see what happens with ventilators in the future. That industry sure got a big wave of news and attention. Now it has all died out since it turned out that they didn't need that many ventilators after all.

As well as a Covid19 study in NY that showed 88% of those on a ventilator died... the other nations, including China found ventilation was the wrong approach to treatment, I'll blame that bozo Cuomo in NY for hyping the need, IIRC he wanted 70,000 ventilators, along with 39,000 triage centers, and 110,000 ICU beds what a joke...

It was already being reported in late March, early April that ventilators were killing more than they helped and likely the WRONG way to go. China & Europe were seeing better response using what were basically modified C-PAP machines.... They found adding oxygen along with the positive pressure the C-PAP provides, worked much better than blowing out peoples lungs with a ventilator. Reports that I saw right after that, showed them modifying the treatment further, by laying them face down & then hooking them up to the contraptions. Only saw those early reports on Fox and a few on-line news sites. The mainstream media outlets back then were still too busy screaming about Cuomo not getting all the Ventilators he "wanted" and how he would soon need to split 1 ventilator between 2 people, (because orange man bad)... despite still having plenty in stock sitting unused.

I don't necessarily blame anyone for using ventilators early on... But I do wonder why they were so slow to acknowledge what was being done with the c-pap deals in other parts of the world, and why not try it here much earlier. Being cynical as I am... I can't help but think it had something to do with the $38,000 they were getting from the the Fed Gov for every "body" they tossed on a Ventilator.

It's hard to ignore $$$$ as a motivator for most things in life... same as the Fed Unemployment $600/wk is slowing down unskilled labor's return to work. We have a restaurant right down the street that put up a giant 6ft sign that says... Now Hiring for "All Positions"... since the business has been there for over 40yrs, it's a darn good bet his workers are refusing to come back, because they now make more now sitting at home.

I saw a report this morning on the news... spending is down 13%, but income is up 10%+ That's the largest jump in income ever, and reported as the direct result of the stimulus money overpaying most people on the low end of the scale. And Bloomberg news (of all places) was actually reporting(admitting) that the $600 stimulus payments will be the largest roadblock to employment recovery once States begin to reopen in mass. Saying that until that $600 disappears, many people will choose not to return to lower paying jobs, especially in the States where Governors have said they will not go after people for not returning.(basically, committing fraud is OK with them)

An itty bitty virus with a 99% survival rate has turned the world, & especially the US, into a modern day Alice in Wonderland