Originally Posted by jcc
Yes, of course we need food to eat.

But reducing the trips to the grocery store would certainly help, maybe like you can only go once a week, based on your tag number, house number, birthday or something else fair to all.

Still don't see why they don't at least only open alternating check out counter lanes.

Probably 500-1000 people in our local walmart yesterday & Wife said there were still only 4 checkouts open, out of 16
Another 10 self-checkouts open in the little horseshoe shaped corral down at the one end...
People could have practiced all the "distancing" they want while shopping, but that went right out the window at checkout. eek

And another point... while I think the entire covid-19 thing is overblown given the CDC facts on this years yearly flu stats
week ending 3/21: "CDC estimates that so far this season there have been at least 39 million flu illnesses,
400,000 hospitalizations and 24,000 deaths from flu." (The majority within a 12 week span; killing only 1000 last week)
Note: So far this year 7.4% of ALL DEATHS in the US are from flu stains, with H1N1('09 swine flu) leading the way

I still think it some basic common sense should be applied during a known virus outbreak.
That said... our 3 local Grocery stores all still had their "Salad bars open on until at least Tue of this week" ...
(I hit them all that day, in search of spaghetti & Hand sanitizer... came up empty)
I think if they were serious, they should have ordered salad bars & buffets closed right off the bat. I saw they were closed last night.
Maybe require stores to put certain vegies in bags. Like peppers & tomato's, lemons (covid lives for days on smooth surfaces)
Since people pick up every single one, looking for the right one... same for fresh food in plastic containers, where people check dates.

But above all... if you are going to close down a County & threaten fines,,,
Then give more warning than "A quarantine goes into effect TONIGHT a 8pm) of the same dam day. mad
IF anyone unknowingly had the virus in our area... work shruggy
They likely spread it to hundreds of people yesterday on that piss poor decision.