Originally Posted by not_a_charger
The CDC, WHO, and every infectious disease expert on the planet seem to disagree with all of the people who have recently earned Facebook medical degrees, so I'll go with the views of the former.

Here's the story of how the virus spread in South Korea. 1 person. That's it. That's all it took.

https://graphics.reuters.com/CHINA-HEALTH-SOUTHKOREA-CLUSTERS/0100B5G33SB/index.html

1 person is all it ever takes, flu, chicken pox, common cold etc.

These "experts" never seem to compare stats to other outbreaks like H1N1 Swine Flu. How many cases how fast, vs how many fatalities over the same time frame.

The Spanish Flu which was an H1N1 virus, spread across the globe like wildfire and killed millions and I think all you had to do to be in the risk of dying group was to be still breathing. Everybody was at risk because apparently when that virus sprang to life there was very little natural Human immunity to it. I read somewhere that that's the same reason this Corona Virus is claimed to be so dangerous, very little natural Human immunity and yet the serious risk group is actually quite limited given its pandemic status.

If we were this deep into "just the flu" season, everybody on this board would know somebody with the flu if they didn't already have it themselves. I'm just not seeing that kind of contagious spread.

While I don't deny there is serious risk to some by ignoring the whole thing, this mass hysteria reaction just defies logic and people that stand to make a lot of money off the fear of the virus or stand to loose a lot of money from it seem to be pouring gas on the fire either from their actions or lack thereof.

Kevin