With respect to you Mr Mac. This has brought about little change for likely a good part of the worlds population, including a lot of people here in the the states. I do not like the inconveniences of masking up and stocking up when planning trips to town, but do it for respect of others that I have not become callous to. I wish people would reciprocate.
There are luxury activities I'd like to participate in and I have not curtailed spending. I believe if society as a whole takes a break, or at least cuts back we can get through this substantially complete.
It's a given we will have to heal up for 6 to ten years as it is now. If the pandemic broadens it could take longer. idk how many have kids or grand kids here, I feel bad that they will not enjoy the same life we enjoyed. The toll falls on the middle class workers that may look at life differently.
We can't fault people that worked hard, lived a modest life and retired. I continue to work hard and have suggested food gardening as a outlet for boredom and saving money. I'll throw out there canning or preserving food. I would not wait It's time to plant and get any supplies one might need.
A water and pressure canner, some cheap canning jars, a dehydrator, and some inexpensive (for now) ingredients.
I know it's saddening and I'm in the same boat of others of having investements in cars, tools, and other things that fall into the luxury category. Some diversified and have other means to get by, for now.
I do worry about the long term and hope we are not laid bare ripe for picking, even though hyped up, when the second, or succeding waves of this pandemic appear.