Again, this is a national crisis, not a local one. A national crisis should be met with an appropriate federal response since states may or may not have the resources, manpower, mobilization and coordination ability that the federal government does. What's the point of disputing whether that is true or not?

"Drastic times require drastic measures"
Wasn't it the governor of FL who decided not to issue a Stay-At-Home order, because (legally) it wasn't in the state's laws? Allowing Spring-Break; WELL AWARE of other states situations & how this was spreading already. Guess he needed the "Go Ahead from Feds" from your "Top Down" governing mentality.
So it's rational to assume that States/Cities were correct in not taking "drastic actions" UNTIL told to by the higher ups.
You DON'T need any man-power nor resources to issue a General Keep-Distance Limit-Travel Stay-Home DIRECTIVE.
Just my observation seemingly looking like NOW Pass-The-Buck-Upward til it stops at the top.
This virus didn't start at the TOP (entire US), but rather state wise. Now I see some states taking "their OWN" actions at the 23rd hour.
As so typically I guess: It's Reactive rather then Proactive.
"I heard my engine making really bad knocking noises, but figured I'd make the 100 mile trip home ok. Now my engine frozen"
Holds true across ALL venues.

Last edited by PhillyRag; 04/11/20 01:21 AM.