Originally Posted by not_a_charger

And here's an example of COVID-19 driven LEO overreach by local cops, and against a former State Trooper, no less.

I think the cops were technically right at the beginning of this stupidity. The state parks around me are closed, this park was likely posted because it was clearly empty. Depends on the state as many of them specifically allow outdoor exorcise under the stay at home order. I think the cops were also clearly bored out of their mind as 3 cops in 2 cruisers responded.

I also think "over reach" is an under statement. 3 cops can't eject one adult and one child from a park? Toss him the cruiser for declining to show his papers? Maybe radio the supervisor before doing that instead of after? Is it really that hard for the cops to be happy they don't have actual crimes to deal with?

Moving on to a couple life after c-19 musings:

Post 911 airport security changed big time and many of those changes filtered down to government buildings. Some of it clearly beyond what a typical person would consider likely. I mean does the carry on luggage scanner actually have the ability to detect explosives in my shoes? Makes me wonder what sort of medical screening will become common place at TSA check points.

I've long been an advocate of work at home, aka telecommuting, in part because I did it for many years. Maybe this event will be a wake up call to the way companies do business now that they've been forced to foray in to it. Office buildings are a necessity when all you've got is typewriters, pneumatic message tubes and flip chart presentations. In the age of email, power point, webinars and video conferencing not so much. I have no doubt that there are large number of people in their underwear doing the exact same thing they were doing in their office and embracing not sitting in traffic for an hour to do it.