I appreciate these threads as a community we can share thoughts and ideas. We are ever barraged by endless replays of soundbites, images and articles that have no basis in reality save for the desired effect of taking away individuals independent thinking.
I encourage my kids and friends to ferret out the source of information and use their grey matter to develop their own opinions.
Ferreting often leads one to see there are many layers to a subject, much like an onion. The outside may look good, but as we peel away the outer layers what do we find. Sometimes all is good, other times it's distorted or even rotten.
With that look at the reality of where we are today as a people. A people made of many different beliefs, and opinions molded by a lifetime of input beginning at birth. We don't get to pick our parents nor much of what the media blasts at us every day in an attempt to remove our independent thoughts. I generally do not watch much tv and always explore information presented by the media. I like to go to the source not the author. Too often researching an author will expose a bias.
My bias is the truth, I'll always behold integrity, liberty sacred and the constitution high.
Let's try to get along, with hopes most will survive with unencumbered freedom.