California's first day of venturing into relaxing (Ph I) is tomorrow. Thus, my wife and I went to town today to the store for supplies to last up to 2 weeks. We also went to a nursery to get one or two more plants to fill holes in the garden. What we saw was rather disappointing. At both stops a majority of customers wore no masks and completely ignored distancing from others, including us.
I can only imagine the woman and her 4 children all less than 10, the 3 different senior women, 6 senior men, 3 senior couples, and several singles and couples of many ages were not sick and did not think anyone else was sick with covid around them. The handful of masked shoppers and all the workers at the stores were masked up and respected space.
I can't figure why some take it upon themselves to potentially be the death-dealer to themselves or others. Is there anything that is respectful that one can say to these people? As cases and deaths are rallying to highs (not total, but a better statistical tool, the 5 day moving average) seems a majop % of people are doing nothing to prevent becoming a statistic.
I feel like abandoning the mask and pull out our particulate respirators. I digress but will keep those fresh for wien the upcoming spike occurs.