Reading all the back and forth about numbers is ruining this thread. There is no illusion. There is a pandemic at hand, and if we find a way to agree to disagree about insignificant differences we would be able to see and hear factual information and maintain hope the best people this country have are working to get us through. The banter about should we shut-down-or-not, mask-or-not, how many, snake oil, source, etc fills many pages and distracts from the business at hand. Do all we can do to beat this.
My roots run deep in this countrys history (pre rev war/gaspee, and fur trading). I know we are here today because we came with different ideas, yet sought to distance ourselves from one thing. It's too bad there are those that choose to destroy unifying concepts.
I've not posted much the past few days made a big push fo get garden in and beat back the weeds, burnt the last of prunings etc before may 1 burn ban. Today ventured out to do our monthly shopping trip (2 hr driving) and got to see slightly less than half the people sans masks nor practicing distancing. Why the heck do they want to risk getting ill, and more importantly would it be wrong to stay the heck out of my "safe area". They are obviously taking the lead of some mental giant. It's hard to lie, or wussy-foot about when one has integrity or good principals. There in not going to be an easy way out of this, the tide rise and fall. Let's hope a vaccine is not far out.
p.s. anyone want to fathom a guess on how accurate the spanish flu statistics were? How about covid? There is simply no way to tell. It will always be a hypothesis (scientific guess based on facts).
p.p.s - i cannot wait to become that hee haw guy tomorrow, going to smoke up a brisket and will dream about the st louis ribs absent from the stores today.