About the only silver lining I've found so far is that there are some good deals around. I took a load of hazardous waste over to the local DEQ place the other day and they told me to stay in the rig while they unloaded it. Then they told me "no charge on account of the virus" and waved me out the gate. Almost zero traffic around here so I've been out test driving the Duster project. Sure makes it easy without any traffic in the middle of the day. Gas prices are nice and low so that helps also. I also got my car serviced the other day without any waiting and I got my lawn mower fixed on the same day I dropped it off. Usually this time of year there is a 3 week wait. I still can't get my haircut so I look like a homeless guy but I guess I can live with that.

Here in Oregon the infection rate is very low and so is the death rate. Most deaths are older people, almost all of them had underlying medical issues and many of them were in nursing homes. So the odds of someone younger and healthy dying of the virus here in Oregon seems to be very, very low. Glad I'm not in NY city or some of the other places that are hard hit. I think we have had 3 deaths per 100,000 population in Oregon. Averaging only a couple of deaths a day compared to a normal average of 100 people dying per day. So the death rate has gone up 2% due to covid. That seems like not enough to shut down the whole economy and drive small business owners into bankruptcy. Especially if most of the deaths are coming from seniors in nursing homes. Should be able to protect those folks while allowing others to earn a living. So far the politicians haven't seen it that way.