Originally Posted by Runner2go
Originally Posted by jcc
Originally Posted by Runner2go
Originally Posted by MR_P_BODY
If and I say if.. they would get a base price per.. thats not there money maker.. my son works at a hospital
wave

An extra $38k bonus from the feds paid to hospitals for every person marked as "Death by Corona" is not Chump Change. There is little doubt that any person that was on the fence... (would have died anyway) but had the virus, is going to be marked Corona to collect the extra cash. From that alone, we will never have accurate numbers.

And not one person here has chimed in yet with a theory as to why people are dropping like flies in NYC with a population around 9million, yet Tokyo with a population of 37Million has almost none. Can't find a Tokyo specific number, but all of Japan only has 376 deaths as on 4/27, and that includes Tokyo. I realize people have been wearing masks there since the 2003 SARS outbreak... but that can't be the only reason. They shut down Air traffic from China after the US, and never shut down the economy.

What do you mean, "an extra $38K bonus"?

$38K is about 6(?) hrs in ICU.

That is bonus cash from the FEDS (Like the extra $600wk unemployment) on top of the money they are already getting from whatever insurance the person has, be it private, company, obama care, medicaid or medicare... It's not like Insurance companies stopped paying. If someone has pneumonia in the hospital and dies there after 5-10days... they get paid "whatever" from the Insurance companies or gov med coverage.... But if the Hospital checks the "Covid-19" BOX... they get an EXTRA $38,000 from the Feds on top of whatever they would have gotten, had they just checked Pneumonia. The fact that NY Pneumonia & Flu cases all but disappeared the same time the Bonus Money took effect, pretty much proves the point... sure those cases drop every year in April... but they still average in the thousands per week, EVER single year... they NEVER drop to 143-193/wk as reported this year. eyes

Clearly they are checking the Covid box, and taking the bonus money on just about anyone that drops dead in NY

Not clear to me with the demographics already suggested on the COVID fatalities, that a high percentage carry adequate medical insurance to cover over a weeks care in an ICU, ie they really become "charity cases". The Fed $38K ( if indeed accurate), likely is just to cover PPE for the staff. I don't see evidence of an overwhelming capitalistic financial goal here in this pandemic, yet. When the "death panels" start, I'll revisit the topic.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.