You are correct, the economy has to re-open or else the cure will be worse than the disease. Most people understand that although it does seem like we have a few idiot governors who haven't figured it out yet. They'll be forced to back off within a few weeks though. The UN is now starting to say that more people will die from poverty or starvation caused by economic problems than from the virus itself. Once the UN starts to make sense you know something weird is happening in the world.

I saw an interview with the gov of Illinois today and he was explaining his rule about only allowing two people max to be in a boat together. So a family of four who all live together and drive to the lake together in the same car can't get in the same boat together. And he seemed to think that his rule was a good idea. My guess is that he must be smart about something, but he can't quite figure out the puzzle of boating in a pandemic. That isn't the dumbest thing I've heard though. In Washington state the governor said that boating is okay but that you can't fish. So he must have thought that while riding around on a lake in a boat is safe, as soon as you throw a line in the water you catch the virus somehow. Evidently the virus turned a bunch of politicians into morons. Who knew it had that effect?

I'm not super worried about the USA, I think we'll manage to work thru it okay but I am starting to hear of some major problems around the world. I think we're going to be seeing some big time problems with starvation later on this summer in some countries. When things get that bad all bets are off. People will do desperate things to avoid having their families starve to death.