Quote:

Quote:

Any paint can fade, but some colors, like red, will fade quicker than others. If you're sure to keep up with regular waxing/polishing, especially in the months of the year when the sun is at it's strongest, your color should stay looking good for a long time. Eventually a good buffing is a good idea to take off the dull oxidized paint, or just roll on another layer.

It's true...Rustoleum or any other Alkyd paint will fade eventually if you don't do any up keep on it. Modern OEM finishes can sit outside for years untouched and still look good. These can't. Eventually it will oxidize. This paint technology dates back to the 1920s, and was used as a factory finish at least into the 1960s. Same thing happened to cars back then . If you keep a coat of wax on it, everything will be fine. Even if it does get oxidized really bad, it's still no big deal. Just polish it with a cleaner and wax it. I've brought back several OEM paint jobs from the dead that were oxidized so bad you could use them for a chalkboard, but they came out pretty nice. Just wax it several times a year and don't worry about it . Or, park it in the shade

Thanks for everyone's answers- Im glad to hear I can keep it looking good. I dont mind having to polish it a couple times a year and most times it will be under my carport.

I didnt get to work on the car over the easter weekend but did test a little something- Clay bar. I had one I bought to try on my truck and it was basically wasted money for that but I never threw it out. I took it to the car after a new layer of paint had hardened and rubbed it for a few minutes and it took alot of the settled garbage off the paint and left it much smoother. still some stuff that needed to be sanded but I am out under a carport doing my paint. If you are painting a car in a garage and dont have a problem with dust/dirt or orange peel, I could see the clay bar being helpful. Anyone else tried one?