I took the hood, the bootlid and the doors off to do everything properly when I used the Brightside. I sprayed the underside of the hood and bootlid, and I used the flat end of the roller to do the door/engine bay/boot jams. I later went over them with a small foam brush to flatten them out a bit.

Here are some shots of my dodgy hood detail from today.

My first polish was done with Poorboys SSR2.5 and a cutting pad. This shot was taken after I had used the SSR 2.5 with a light cutting pad. I'm using a random orbital polisher similar to a PC. Just in case anyone wants to know what polish looks like once it has broken down, this is it. When polishing you should always work the polish until it looks like this.

This is the swirl remover that I used. Because I'm not happy with the amount of orange peel in the paint I'm going to sand everything back down again and try and get the paint flatter. If I was going to continue the polishing process, I would next use a very mild swirl remover such as the Poorboys SSR1, and I would do two passes with it, the first with a light cutting pad, the second with a polishing pad.

Then I would use a proper polish on the paint with a polishing pad, then a second pass with a finishing pad. I would then seal the paint with a finessing pad and probably do about three or four passes with the sealant.

As you can see from the last shot, the paint still has a lot of orange peel in it, and there is still a little bit of swirling in the paint. If I had continued with the polishing I probably could have removed some more of the minor marks and been able to get a better reflection from the light. Using these type of halogens is a great help when polishing as a 'properly' polished car will have a crystal clear reflection of the light where you can see the halogen bulb. My car still has too much orange peel to get a reflection that good.