Quote:

The thing that I'm least confident about is the final wetsanding, rubbing out, and polishing. I've had bad luck with that in the past, and I'd hate to ruin that beautiful gloss. Does anybody know of a website with lots of specific info on rubbing out a paint job?

A good article that I read several times is at :

http://www.automedia.com/ColorSanding/and/Buffing/res20030601cs/1

Quote:

Also, I think I read a while back that Brightside white tends to yellow a bit in the sun. Has anybody heard that?

Yellowing is a non-factor. Do not worry about it. It might yellow in 10 or 15 years.. but I suspect you will have either gotten rid of the vehicle by then or undertaken another paint job to refresh the look. IF you are really concerned about any yellow... then buy the smallest 'dark blue' can of Brightside and put one DROP into your quart. That will absolutely guarantee no chance of yellow in the future.

Quote:

The only other thing I'm worried about is the final coat. I'm not sure I can polish it well enough to get the gloss back. Anybody else here have experience polishing Brightside?

Brightside wetsands, compounds and polishes EXCELLENTLY. My biggest advice would be to get a Cable & Porter 7424 polisher. It will make the task of compounding and polishing FUN. If you look back in this thread I gave a blow by blow of my experience compounding and polishing the Brightside. I also passed a few thoughts regarding compounding products, polishes and waxes. It was pretty detailed and there were also answers given to address specific questions at the time. There was too much info to echo again here...

But fall back to the final pictures and the two videos I posted when I finished compounding, polishing and waxing my Brightside paint job ( especially the two videos on that page ). And since I am a complete newbie when it comes to this C, P & W the results I feel are obtainable by any other humanoid or chimp life form that can hold on to a polisher ...

http://www.snpx.com/AugWaxedMcLaren

Last edited by Marq; 10/06/06 08:51 PM.