Quote:

Quote:

why would you need a hardner? Even if you sprayed it, it's dry to a touch in 2-3 hours, and can be wetsanded overnight.

So that it's new and improved.

Seriously, my car is a daily driver. So I was thinking that if I could sand the paint in and hour or so, I might be able to squeeze the paint process into a weekend project. My goal would be to paint 4 or 6 coats in a day as opposed to 2 per day.

I know you can use enamel hardner in Tremclad or Rustoleum alkyd enamel paints, it won't turn to cottage cheese. The inclusion rate is 10 %, they are a urethane enhanced hardner, designed to dry the paint harder and faster, and to give the paint more overall durability. It is used when spraying these paints in a 1 or 2 or even a 3 coat application. I am not sure if they will work with the roller method, and if it would cause problems as the paint will flash a lot quicker. I have recently seen a picture of a car, that was spray painted with XO Rust paint and hardner was added. This car is a 40 Studebaker Streetrod, it was wet sanded after 2or 3 coats and polished, it looks killer, as does Chargers and the other s vehicles that were done with Tremclad, Rustoleum or Brightside. The easiest, cheapest, simplest is to follow the recipe prescribed in this thread, you won't go wrong, hope it works out for you.