[quote= 69chargeryeehaa"]here's how i painted my car for about $50, it's actually very easy and the results are amazing.

I got here because I had said that /6's were nearly indestructible and a poster to my truck site OTN (Old Truck network) (where they talk more politics then trucks, but that's OK too), told me I should visit the crazy /6ers here. I was just nosing around and caught 68chargers statement. (and what a 'statement' it was).

My wife has a 63 Dart and my daughter has a 63 Valiant and I (back in the 70's) owned a 68 Charger RT(still miss that car), I hope that qualifies me to be on this board-LOL.

I'm currently building a 1955 1st Chevy Pickup for my wife. The engine and drive train I have no problems with (I used to own some speed shops in Cal. in the 60's and 70') but I know less then nothing about bodywork and painting. I'm practicing my 'bodywork' on a 46 GMC pickup that I have before I go to my wife's pickup. In preparations for doing the painting I had checked around and seen where the biggest problems for people on doing their own painting was 1: AIR supply- so I bought a commercial Ingersol-
Rand compressor and a top of the line HVLP gun. Next I was planning on building a paint booth shop set up for breathing outside air. (lots of $$$).

I really didn't want the bc/cc look but I didn't feel that I wanted to pay someone to do MY work for me either. I enjoy the 'patina' that older vehicles have and was hoping to somehow approach it.

It looks like 'all' of my vehicles will be rollered, so now I have an excellent air compressor for my shop-LOL.

The rig that I am excited about this method for is my 1945 GMC COE Victory Truck that was originaly red with black fenders.

Since I started reading this thread (how many years ago was that now?) I have really been giving the 'old eyeball treatment' to others paint jobs in parking lots and shows. Either you guys are being to finicky and fastidious or others just don't know what 'a good paint job' is.

This will surely go down as one of the greatest 'novels' I have ever read.

Thanks to 69charger and all others in the writing of it

Last edited by Oly; 10/20/06 08:49 PM.