Hello all, I have been a lurker since page 20 of the first thread and I am finally ready to paint.

Thank you very much Marq for trying and explaining how to use the boat paint. Please keep the pictures coming, the mustang convinced me to try it.

I have an orange 1970 porsche 914 that was repainted before I got it. Totally orange peeled and scratched. I have ordered some orange boat paint from epifane (20 bucks for 750ml) and will attempt this technique on my rear trunk lid to begin with. That company is the only one I could find that makes orange in a one-part eurathane.

My plan is to hit the old paint with a degreaser, wetsand with 320, then 400, then first coat of epifane with just a splash of thinner (mineral spirits according to the company), roll and tip, then sand with 600 once dry, then another coat very slightly thinned epifane, sand with 800, then 1000, then a final full strength coat of orange. In between each step I will wipe the lid with mineral spirits to clean it off.

I am a little concerned with the working time of the paint, which is why I plan on thinning it just only slightly. That should extend the working time, shouldnt it? I figure I need 15 minutes from rolling to tipping, and I dont want the paint to get too tacky in that time frame. Im working in Berkeley where the humidy is very low and the temp should be 65-75.

I will post pics when I am done.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread!