Quote:

Quote:

Alright, I'm completely new here, but I've read over the first 43 pages and 20 odd pages from this section. I am tired of reading, so I ask this question. Could we put all of the necessary procedures for painting with both Rustoleum/Trem. and Brightside into a seperate locked thread and sticky it? I'd like to know the process of painting with Brightside.

Is painting with Brightside like this?

1. Prep car
2. Thin Brightside to whatever viscosity.
3. Paint 2 coats
4. Wetsand with 1500 grit
5. Paint 2 more coats
6. Wetsand with 2k grit
7. Cut and polish
9. Profit

That is basically the procedure. With the Brightside you don't have to cut it too much because it is fairly liguidy from the can. But by adding thinner you will increase your time to work with it and for it to self-level. We are only talking about a 10% cut of their recommended thinner at the most ( as compared to the higher amount of thinner needed to cut Tremclad/Rustoleum to get it to the same viscosity.

What you might find works with the Brightside is to try to lay the first two layers on 'straight from the can'. This will give you the best shot at getting maximum coverage. However, if you find that you just can't get your rolling technique down pat for a smooth surface or coating, then fall back to cutting the paint for subsequent layers.

Part of the game with Brightside will be your gut instinct. As you lay down your layers, you may get lucky and lay down two perfect layers... and you might go to a third layer prior to doing an initial surface sanding.

Just keep in mind that the whole point of those alternative layer sandings is to provide you with as smooth a subsurface as possible prior to adding the next layer/coat on.

The smoother the subsurface, the glossier and shinier the final product...

Would also be nice to see some side by side pics comparing results from Rustoleum to Brightside.