I found the single GREATEST investment I made in this project was to buy a Cable & Porter 7424 polisher... With it in your arsenal that FIAT could have been maxed out for shine without wearing out the old arms and hands.. I cringed at the thought of attempting all the work I did on my car by hand. I probably would not have gotten anywhere near the optimal results because my arms would have quit long before the work was done.

It made compounding, polishing, waxing and buffing FUN FUN FUN... It almost didn't seem like work.

I didn't mind the wetsanding by hand... because normally that was about a 30 minute exercise that didn't burn out my arms. But when it comes to the tedious task of compounding... and more compounding... the 7424 saved my arms and probably did a better job than I ever could have done by hand.

And I also found that spreading the wax via the 7424 did a better job then I could ever have attempted by hand.

I had read a lot about how guys swear by the 7424 and now I am a devotee as well. It is the best bang for the buck investment at saving your arms and cranking out the maximum shine that you can.

Here is a link that chats about the 7424

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/inf-pc7424.html

As I previously noted... I bought my unit at a Porter & Cable Service Depot. It was a 'refurb' unit... that had never been used. It had ended up at the service depot because its box had been damaged at a store and someone had removed the manual. So they shipped it back to the local service depot - where they checked it, slapped a manual with it and put it on their shelves for 50% less then the normal retail cost. Plus it came with a full six month warranty from the service depot.

Nuff said... it makes a great investment because it not only will pay for itself during your 'rolling' project.. but you should be able to put it to good use for years to come waxing and buffing your car

Last edited by Marq; 08/26/06 10:17 PM.