Yes, I'm using the Wagner HVLP Control Spray.

I'll try to get some pictures tonight, if I can find my camera. I have some I took with a cameraphone, but you can't really tell what's going on.

In comparison to the roller method, I'd say it's easier and faster to do, but it's also easier to screw up. If it's a windy day, plan on wasting a lot of paint. I used about a half-cup of paint for a roller coat, but twice that for a spray coat.

Remember to get a lot of mineral spirits/paint thinner, because you'll need to use some to clean the gun between coats. I bought two quarts, I'll need another before I'm done.

As for wetsanding between coats, I'm planning to wetsand every two coats. The amount of wetsanding you do depends on how much orange peel you're getting. If you've got a cleaner environment than me (most likely) you could probably get away with wetsanding every three coats. Assuming you're getting six coats, I'd go 320 prep, 3 coats, 1500 (or 1000 depending on peel), 3 coats, 2000, then polish.

I have horrible orange peel because of flying dust/leaves/bugs/pollen, so I'm doing 2 coats, 800, 2 coats, 1000, 2 coats, 1500, 2000, polish.

For reference, I'm painting a '90 Toyota Celica.

Last edited by Morwan; 07/18/06 06:02 PM.