Quote:

course, if I can perfect the roller method (which I'm still attempting) I won't spray it.

do yourself a favor and use the roller......trust me on this one. you'll thank me later.

basically sand and prep the car outside, then take it around the block and vaccuum and clean the car. hose out your garage, keep it really clean. pull in your car, and use a bucket of water and a shammy, whipe down the whole car a few times, and then clean with the whole car with mineral spirits, a rag soaked well does the job. then let it dry, shammy it again, let that dry, then go to paint, roller the hood and front cowl first, then the front fenders, then the roof and rear quarters, then the trunk, then the doors last, before you do each pannel use a autobody tack cloth to clean each pannel, then when your all done, open the doors and trunk/hood, and with the roller where you can, roller the jambs, and use a foam brush in the tight spots, then follow it by the roller on the flat surfaces, with really little paint loaded in the roller, and squeeze the roller everywhere you can, and paint the bottom of the trunk ect...while the paint on the car dries (you might want to wait a few hours to do the jambs ect...) then repeat the whole process. i used about 3/4 of a gallon to paint the charger, the 71 beetle i sprayed single stage acrylic enamel midnight metalic blue on i used about 1 and 1/2 gallons on that small car, using a HVLP gun/compressor. i was high after 5 mins, and it made a huge mess. no matter how hard you try to keep the garage clean if you spray (regardless of air/wagner) you're battle with dirt/dust/bugs/dog a$$ hairs, will never end, trust me. since with the roller your not disturbing any air, there is minimal dust, if nothing depending on how clean your area is, pretend there is a baby sleeping right next to you, and tip toe around the garage while painting, and open and close doors very slowly, and you'll have virtually no dust/dirt/hair/bugs at all.