Quote:

BTW, Marq or 69DartGT; IS this what you guys ended up with after your first coat? Not sure if I got the mixture quite right. It still has quite a few bubbles that didn't roll out or pop when blown on. I will probably have to wetsand it down before the next coat, but I'm really not looking forward to it.

The first coats will be relatively translucent... in that your thin layer of paint will show all the different colors underneath the layer. As the layers of paint are added... you will be building up the skins and less and less of the underlayer will be visible.

By about 4 coats of Brightside or 8 coats of Tremclad/Rustoleum you will have 100% coverage and no longer be able to see the undersurface.

If there are a substantial number of bubble artifacts on a coating... you can do a wetsand to ensure that the surface is completely level before moving on to the next layer of paint.

If there are just a ffew bubble or bug artifacts you can slap on another coat of paint and you should be able to bring everything level with wetsanding on the second coat.

Normally you should be able to get two coats on before wetsanding.

Last edited by Marq; 01/09/07 01:54 AM.