Quote:

Quote:

So... what type of latex gloves were they ?

wow...those are some fine analytical skills you have there

It's elementary my dear Watson. You simply apply Murphy's Law to any thing that might go wrong and back track to the least suspicious suspect. It was a case of trying to figure out if the gloves had some small role to play in that defect or if your neighbors dog had stupidly licked away at the paint while you were off preparing another batch of paint ( check his tongue color just in case or that it is still alive ).

Quote:

I'm using the cheap medical type latex gloves because I thought mineral spirits dry out your hands. I guess I will man up and go bare hands for the test. :

Yeah... you only have to worry about cancer and having deformed children with three heads if you swim in the stuff

It's no big deal to temporarily expose yourself to the mineral spirits or wiping yourself down after a painting session to remove any paint. The exposure is only short term and this project is short term. It would be a different story if you worked in a 'el cheapo' paint shop and had to expose yourself to contact with mineral spirits five days a week... fifty weeks of the year for the rest of your working career. Heck the 'fumes' in the air would probably blow out your lungs long before your skin starts growing cancerous warts.

My only embarassment during the painting stage was wearing open toed sandals. I have the 'loveliest' Fire Red toe nails in town. Which does nothing for ones macho ego...

Ah the joys of painting at home....

Last edited by Marq; 08/13/06 11:41 PM.