>Marq: Everything you said about epoxies seems to be true. But I would add that the TS-100 1-part epoxy isn't a true epoxy at all. It's actually a silicon-based product with some epoxy as well as urethane resins.
I think this is the same story as the Pettit Easypoxy - the name sure sounds like an epoxy, but check the description:

"Highest Gloss Topside Enamel
Tough, Weather Resistant Finish
Easy to Apply, Excellent Brushability"

"Easypoxy is a highly rated, one-part polyurethane topside paint improved by the addition of silicone for a brilliant shine and easy brushability. It also contains ultraviolet filters which enhance the already superior gloss retention and durability of polyurethane. This results in a topside finish that is exceptionally easy to apply and produces a lasting gelcoat-like brilliance, with a minimum of effort. Easypoxy is available in white and twenty-five popular topside colors."

It sounds like the Pettit Easypoxy and TS-100 are very similar products - neither of which seems to have the difficult/complicated preparation steps of a true epoxy like Marq has described - actually largely the same as Brightsides - in fact it sounds like one or both of them may even be superior for a DTM application. Maybe they are sort of the "next generation" of modified urethane for the roll/brush-on application?

>But again, we can't really know anything until we test it, and I'll let you guys know as soon as I can.
That's EXACTLY what I wanted to hear!!! Keep us posted, I'll be checking back daily until you give us the goods! Hey, any chance that (as a paying customer) you can get them to send you some color chips for their colors in the dark red/burgundy range - or better yet get them to send them to ME???

BTW apparently a phone call works much better than an email - I still haven't heard a thing back from Top Secret.

Marq: I appreciate the color-mixing pointers and your shared admiration for the " deep wine red " color - I refer to it as burgundy only because it's very close to the original "Flambeau Burgundy" Pontiac factory color. Of course this is the same company that decided to use the name "Carousel Red" (commonly seen on the '69 Judge) to describe the Chevy "Hugger Orange". Most will agree, there's absolutely nothing red about it.

As for my "burgundy", I've never seen a color so striking on a '69 GTO, and I do think anything else would be 2nd best. You have strengthened my resolve to find a way to get it. Still hoping to find a way to get ahold of some Top Secret paint chips.

Thorn: I see you're just down in F-ville. I work in Springdale, and live in Rogers near the lake. Glad to hear you like the color, too - even if it's going on a FORD. Stay tuned into this thread and I'll let you know what I find out about trying to get it in rollable urethane (or otherwise) form.

Chris