OK, I've read most all of the pages on this second section and came to the conclusion using Brightside was the way to go for more reasons than 1.

My truck used to be army green (spray painted, pain in the crapper) and the green paint was fading pretty bad on the hood and roof. Had to look for another option so I just went back to black since that's what color the truck used to be.

I got so excited to paint the truck that I just went over everything right off the bat. I kind of regret doing that but it had to be wet sanded anyway since I didn't thin the paint out. After 3 coats I decided to try my hand at wet sanding. At first I used 1500 grit on my sanding block but that didn't take the orange peel out as fast as I had liked so I switched to 1000. Worked much better and the paint still had a pretty good shine to it (I could see it shine in my side mirrors driving down the freeway at night).

After wet sanding all of the orange peel out, I actually decided to put on another coat but thin it out this time with mineral spirits. Let me tell you something, I'm GLAD I thinned the paint out. Orange peel is much less than it was before and some spots actually have no orange peel.

At this point, I'm about 75% happy with how the paint looks. It looks good now but I know how good it can be with a little more work. I think I just decided to wet sand again and polish it up. The reason why I didn't just polish after the 3rd coat is because in some spots, the green was showing through. Anyway, onto some pictars

And some getting it dirty