I look at this way. I want to get my car painted as soon as reasonably possible. It's not reasonable for me to wait to accumulate $3-$4 thousand dollars to get a pro paint job. I could get the $300-$800 Earl Schieb paint job. I could go to the site fireball refers to and buy some of that cheap $30 a gallon ureathane and a $12.99 spayer and a $100 compressor, and a $40 mask. But is my $200 spray job with all the prep and time going to be that much better than the ol Maaco job?
If I thought I could do a good job spraying paint, I'd probably give it a go. But I can't believe that spraying a car is that easy. And that cheap equipment has to be harder for a beginner to use.

I know that I can thin paint and handle a roller. I am pretty sure that I can wet sand and polish the finish to make it shine. I think that I've seen some paint jobs that far outshine the Maaco's of the world. And I think that I have a good chance to repeat that success. And in the process save a few hundred dollars.

I guarantee you that on some other site, some other Fireball is telling guys to save money and by cheap paint, a $12 sprayer and spray their cars outside and is getting blasted by those who think it's impossible or crazy to do that.

Roll on boys.