Quote:

Hello Mopar guys. I have been reading this board non-stop for several days now, and had to sign up to ask a burning question. Has anyone given the Rustoleum paint a few weeks to cure and then taken it to a profesional detailer?

I actually gave consideration to letting a professional detailer do the final work to get the most out of my paint job.... BUT...

In the end I nixed the idea - because pro-detailers don't come cheap. And depending at what stage you are at when you hand him the car, the price can get quite out of hand... especially when they are charging by the hour.

I looked at the potential cost a pro-detailer might want and I figured that I would rather go and take $125 of that money and buy a Cable & Porter professional polisher. With that weapon in my arsenal I could do just about anything the detailer was going to do... with the difference being that my time cost nothing. And the added benefit is that I would learn what there is to learn about compounding, polishing and waxing - WHILE HAVING a lovely new tool in my collection for use on the other cars.

Now... I will agree that the one thing a pro-detailer can bring to the paint job is his EXPERIENCE. And in theory a genuine pro could max out the shine to its max.

But even in that case, I would tend to say that the painter should be the one who tries to max out his own shine. Then, if he should want to pass it along to a detailer once you've done your best... well the detailer might only have one or two hours of work that he can charge you for....