Quote:

Senna, I had more issues with bubbles last night than previously. I had mixed up a bit of a thicker concoction of paint for my final coat. It took me about a half hour longer to apply this coat because I had to do the light pressure roller technique over and over on the sections to get the bubbles to lay down. I have had more luck comparing the resulting mixture with known consistencies (ie. 2% milk, whole milk, creamer) than measuring exact ratios.

My earlier coats where the bubbles ALWAYS popped automatically was with the 2% milk consistency. Last night, the bubbly coat, was more of a creamer consistency. I don't know if this helps anyone, but...

^^^ I agree, its way better to have a visual reference than a ratio. I go by a 1% milk consistancy. Its slightly thicker than water. I had to sand after my 3rd coat too with 400 grit because I was letting orange peel get the best of me. Since then, I have gone with the 1% milk mixture and have had zero problems with bubbles or drips.

I am at the point where I just kinda splash som spirits and call it good. Experience definately helps this process. I paint sooo much better and faster now that I am comfortable with the technique.

I would say to try one of the consistencies listed above and roll slow enough that the roller stays flat. Take your time because thats the only way you will be happy with the results. Go over 30-1 minute after rolling an area with no extra paint on roller and hold the roller like you would a paint brush, very light. As stated before, letthe weight and only the weight take away the bubbles.

Goodluck!

Last edited by Sideglide; 06/30/06 12:53 PM.