Quote:

Brightside has four shades of gray pre-mixed and ready to serve from the can.

1 Seattle Gray = the lightest pre-mixed gray
2 Dusk Gray
3 Kingston Gray and
4 Steel Gray = the darkest pre-mixed gray

when you start cutting black with white... you can probably cover off the gray shades from Steel Gray up to just under a black.

Another way around your experiment is to buy cans of White Brightside and then pick up the black 'tint' that comes in toothpaste type tubes at Home Depot. The black tint in the tubes can be measured out in inches to get a repeatable formula for subsequent mixing. I think I paid about $3.00 for a tube. They are about the size of the hardening catalyst tubes that come with body filler.

Unfortunately, Interlux's shades of grey are far too light to match (or even come close) to the factory Medium Gray Metallic paint on my car. I'm hoping to be able to mix up a reasonably close match to that shade, sans metal flake.

On the Interlux website:

Quote:

Can I change the color of paint in the can?

The only way we recommend changing the color of our paints is to mix like paints, ie. Mixing Brightside with Brightside. We do not recommend addition of "universal" tints or pigments into our products. Yacht paint products are formulated to withstand harsh conditions and additions of universal tinters or any such products may affect water resistance, long term durability and may also slow down the drying time of the paint. We would also strongly discourage anyone from adding anything to antifouling paints that is not already mentioned on the label. Apart from affecting performance such additions may be illegal as antifouling paints are registered with a unique formula and addition of unauthorized materials, especially active ones to " improve " performance changes this unique formula.

I dunno if the whole tint statement is true or not, but I'd rather not risk it. The 50/50 mix is already very close to the correct color.

Guess todays project is cleaning out the garage and moving the Cutlass in there to start on it

On a side note:

Anyone know a good way to dye a plush cloth interior? The sun faded parts of the front interior from grey to blue.