Thanks for the compliments Exit and Marq.

The pics show the car to be better than it looks in the metal/plastic, but once it is wetsanded and polished, it should look just like any bc/cc job.

The paint is pretty tough already compared to the original paint. While I was bolting in the roll cage I dropped a half inch drive ratchet fitted with an extension bar onto the paint and it left a tiny mark on the paint.There is a fair bit of weight in that ratchet so I was impressed to see such a small mark afterwards. Years ago I dropped a nut onto the original paint and it chipped the paint right down to the base coat....

This leads my thinking to another aspect of our 'rolled' paint jobs that no-one has really touched upon. The costs of repairing the typical minor dings that many people get in their cars.

This is a pic of some minor rear end damage to a guy's miata in my local club.

The bumper wasn't damaged apart from the paint and the total bill for his repair job came to $2700 AUD. He claimed it on insurance and only had to pay the $500 AUD excess. People on our local forum were congratulating him on 'dodging the bullet' with his insurance company covering most of the very high bill. They were saying that he was lucky that it only cost him $500.

The same situation for us would cost about nothing. We could get some of our left-over paint, fix it and it wouldn't cost us a cent.

Our paint jobs give us the opportunity to save heaps of money on our repairs as well. 69Charger, you are an automotive DIY God!!!