Hi there. I'm here from nissanforums... I got a 95 200sx that im working on. It seems that this thread has a great following. And I cannot help to be one of them. I have read all the pages and pages.

I must thank all those who are working on this method and spending time to answer questions and show their results. especially 69 charger for bringing this idea to light.

I am in the process of preping my car for this paint method. My car is orininally teal green. And I am looking to paint it 'Sail Blue'. I just came back from both Loews and Home Depot with no luck but the spray bomb. I was going to go for the Royal Blue but it was so dark.

Where else can I find this paint? It seems that the stores I have tried are very limited on their rustoleum products. One thing I did notice is that home depot had the regular and loews had the pro grade. Both had rollers and such.

Question for Exit. I was looking for the sponge sander you were refering to. but there were quite a frew to choose from. Is there a way you can take a photo of it so I may see what to get. I am very excited to see the reults of your car. It seems so nice.

One of the few that doubt this method is that chuck fellow. Seeing others come out with amazing finishes on their test peices mock his remarks, yet I will also test this paint on a few junk mirrors to see. I know that if you use the right polisher and wetsanding methods this paint will shine very well. He had mentioned that the paint never hardens which would make no sense in the results of charger and the others.

With that out of the way I am anticipating great results and will post all the steps I have taken to achieve this.

Aside from the 2 questions I had asked I have a few others. What is the suggestion on polishers? 10" or 6"? And as far as the engine compartment goes I was going to spray a flat high heat sail blue but I wonder if I should just spray the rustoleum gloss version. Would that be bad for heat?

One of my maot obsticles is that I have no access to a garage and my car is a daily driver. So this will surely be a weekend gig. I know the rule of thumb is to paint in the shade, let it dry and then let the sun cure it. I was hoping someone in my position, Serpent or anyone else can enlighten me further on preperations for doing this in the hell that is outside...

2699096-dcsboo001.jpg (460 downloads)