Quote:

Senna - I have done some painting now in various temperatures. Have you tried just thinning the paint more than normal to make up for the extra heat?

The reason I ask is that I never have any bubbles hanging around as long as I'm putting on thin coats of a thin mixture. I've painted a few times at 95 degrees and a few times around 75 and 80 degrees, never bubbles when it goes on thin.

The one coat I did was at 15% and was likely too thick. It was OK earlier in the week when it wasn't as hot and humid. The one I did last night was at 30% and went on very smooth but was a little runny. I think there is a fine line between too thick and too thin. Too thick and you get bubbles, too thin and you get the runs.

The advice to thin the paint to a milk consistency bothers me because of my experience airbrushing. That's how I thin paint for spraying and to try and roll paint that thin I think is asking for trouble. Also not to measure your paint/thinner ratio and to go by eye every time is a mistake too in my book. You've got a much better chance of finding and fixing mistakes if you know exactly what you've done before.