You are right about it needing more sanding in that picture. It was taken before I finished sanding, just to show how the spots I needed to sand some more showed up. The paint that is on it now is probably akin to what Grimster just called a "guide coat," rolled on, instead of sprayed.

As far as the areas where the bondo is showing, those are areas were the bondo was still a bit too high. I even found a few spots where there as a metal peak that needed to be knocked down and filled. As I said, it really needed more work before it was read to paint, but with that dull grey primer on it, I couldn't tell diddly, or more truthfully just got in too much of a hurry

This hood was really a mess because after it got crushed by a tree limb, a few body work entrpreneurs in a super market parking lot asked me if I would like the dents taken out for $20. I thought they might be itinerant paintless dent removers, but when they pulled out a huge slide hammer and proceeded to punch holes in my hood, I was too flabergasted to say anything until they got half way done and I told them to stop. Can you spell, "Let's see how far we can stretch this metal?"

There was some disagreement when I refused to pay for the harm they had already done, but when I offered to call the police to settle the matter, they declined. I gave them $10 because I am a patsy, but I am pretty sure their green cards were not up to date, and I sure as hell know they didnt have permission or a license to operate in that parking lot.

I could have picked up a good hood from my local pull-a-part for less than the cost of the bondo, but this is supposed to be a fun learning experience right?