Quote:

Hey is Ricklandia of Project Beer Fridge still out there? I have a question concerning the stripes you painted on the fridge. After taping off and painting your stripes, when did you pull the tape? Did you wait for the paint to completely dry or what? Anyone else have an opinion on when to pull tape when painting stripes/graphics? I'll be putting on the final base coat of my "test project" tonight and need to start planing how I'm going to do the stripes. Thanks,

If you are laying on just one coat of paint to make your stripes... I would pull the tape in the middle of the curing. This way the stripe paint will be forgiving enough and allow you to pull it off leaving a clean line.

If you wait til the stripe paint is fully cured then there is the chance that some of the stripe paint will have fully cured and ADHERED to the masking tape - which will lead to a more ragged edge when you pull the tape.

Dunno... if you have to layer a few layers of paint to make your stripe... then try to pull the tape at the earliest opportunity during the curing of your final layer.