Hey, I just joined this forum because of this thread. I read all of the original and all of this one. I have been contemplating what to do on my 1978 F-150 for some time and I am 90% sure this is the route I will go. I can't find any place here that will color-match Rustoleum paint, but Ace Hardware does color-match THEIR rust paint which they claim is the same as Rustoleum. I wanted to see if any of you knew if Ace's rust paint is worth a shot and if anyone had any experience with it. I really want to keep my truck the original color, 'Ford Medium Copper' (a dark orange), but my second choice would be Safety Red.

I also wanted to say great job to all of you who are taking the time to do this right, your paint jobs really show the hard work and effort you put into it. I'm willing to take the time to do it right, so I hope I will be able to join the ranks of the elite paint rollers here :-P

Here's my baby:

http://www.thetechlounge.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19033&postcount=82

EDIT: Also, I think my original paint is laquer but I'm not 100% sure. Will Rustoleum be fine going over that if any is left after sanding?

Last edited by BrianK; 09/01/06 12:55 PM.