ok, so I gave the epifane paint a shot on the small square area between the tailights of my car (porsche 914). A couple of things. I thinned it just a little bit, and I didn't get any orange peel, but I kept messing with the paint long after I should have and I got lots of brush marks. I used a foam brush for the first coat, and I will try a regular brush for the next coat. the space is kind of small for a roller. I think it will take three coats to cover completely.

interestingly, in a few places the paint went on a bit thicker and I didnt brush over it as much it looks really good. There is no orange peel in that area and I can tell it is going to be really glossy. I will get pics when Im done, but sadly I am going to paint over it. The orange just isnt the right color. Also, I didnt get any bubbles.

I think getting the paint on and not mucking with it is the best thing to do, at least with this boat paint.

I am actually going to use black brightside to paint over that area and in addition the front and rear decks. I like the black hood look, sorry, im 25 years old and certainly not a "ricer", but some "rice" stylings look cool to me.

oh, and the 3x (thanks marq) sandpaper is good, maybe too good!