Quote:

Thaks all for the info...

A couple of Brightside questions.

1) Shake or Stir to Mix?

2) What percentage of #333 brushing fluid would you recomend? 5%? 10%?

3) Has onyone tried to spray the brightside with one of thoes personal sprayers people talk about on here.

Thanks Again for all the info.

As mentioned a couple pages back, I used a squirrel mixer on my power drill for mixing; I word of caution - keep the speed under control. Also these mixers will inject bubbles into the paint, but a filter funnel is pretty good about dealing with them when it's time to pour into your roller tray.

I first tried about 5-10% 333 brushing fluid for my first test coat, then added a little bit more for subsequent coats, I'd say up to about 15 % (no accurate measuring performed, just eyeballing it.) If this amount of thinner causes less gloss, I can't tell, it's still "Shiny!"

I played with a Preval (Precision Valve Company) refillable cartridge sprayer. I thinned with Interlux Special Thinner 216 for Spraying, which is a rapidly-evaporating solvent. It was a spray pattern that was not entirely consistent; the droplets were of very differing sizes, so left a mixed bag of coverage. I sprayed some areas on my hood that were hard to get to with brush/roller (PO installed a hood scoop from an 80's-vintage 280 ZX Turbo wich was completely function-less on my NA Scirocco). I was able to get complete coverage in these hard-to-get-to areas, however, despite some slight orange peel. I have added more 216 thinner to my spraying vessel, but have not yet sprayed any more tests to see if the droplet size is more consistent. Remember that the Preval sprayer cannot be tipped more than 45 degrees. One pleasant surprise about the Preval was that i found it just about everwhere - the autobody/paint supply store, Home Depot, Ace Hardware, Miller Paint store... it was not a hard-to-find item.