Quote:

That seems odd, I would of assumed it shouldn't scratch, me and you are pretty much in the same weather and my friends car was almost fully dry and scratch test proof after a few days. Maybe since we were putting it on a bit thicker, who knows.

I know the test glove box door I did, and the roof on my truck are HARD no way in heck will I do much more than MAYBE scuff the paint with my fingernails, maybe enough to roughen the surface of the paint but even that I doubt, that crap is tough and HARD. If I get that all over? I'll be STOKED with the finish I can guarantee that.

The door ain't been outside, the roof ain't been inside so I don't think it's sun, heat (plenty lately) or humidity (way more than plenty lately) keeping paint soft. 90+ lately almost 100, both heat and humidity! I can't work on my truck more than 30 minutes at a pop, then I come inside and drink a quart of water and rest for a while, then do it again.

I'm using Rusto Professional + Low Odor spirits all from Lowes, I believe I am putting on what would be considered "thicker" coats but frankly I can live with a little orange peel, looked at a "new" car lately? Orange peel baby! My wife's new Yukon? Yep see that orange peel, I was walking around a parking lot a couple days ago while my wife was getting some medicine at the drugstore and just scrutinizing paint jobs. I found everyone that I analyzed was quite "substandard".

I know a place that does high dollar restorations ($50,000 is a good start for this place to do a car for you) if I get some time I might go up there and just eyeball a few of their cars to see how the "good ones" look up close. I've been threatening the owner for ages to come up there and chat up his body men for tips and hints.