Quote:

Sounds like a good deal, maybe you'll wind up in the autobody business thru it all. Be sure and post the results for us when it's all finished.
Have fun, and don't drop one of those high priced paint guns.

Opening a restoration type shop is a dream of mine, I love cars and have all my life, just never had time to learn jack about them since I was always too busy "making a living" but now I'm in a place where I can spend some time learning and if I can find a nice place to paint somewhere it's cheap to rent (out in the county/boonies) I just may open up shop.

EVERY body shop I've visited was busy, up to their eyeballs in work, most won't even LOOK at a restoration project because insurance work is so plentiful and lucrative. So I figure, finish the truck, buy another project, when THAT project is finished and drivable, sell the last project, buy new project, rinse/repeat, try and at least break even on each one as I build the skills. Drive the last project while working on the new project, when there is two completed vehicles, put 'em both up for sale, whichever sells first, keep the other to drive and start a new project.

If people want to pay to have their stuff done while I'm at it, then rock on, if I get enough business, then I can always try and hire some help. I can put my current business's office in the garage too and it'll all be business expenses anyway.

I know a guy who will probably work for me part time who's been doing salvage restorations and the last few years, show restorations and he'd work cheap, but he's just unreliable as hell (don't rely on him to show up, when he does, cool, when he don't, just don't get all bent outta shape).