On the topic of the toughness of the Brightside paint... I had another minor accident that provided another example of how tough this paint is.

Well... I mentioned in a previous message about how I backed my freshly painted car into a barbeque and scratched the paint. I noted how I was able to easily repair that scratch by dabbing some Brightside paint straight out of the can into the scar.

Well.... LAST NIGHT I pulled another boner. My son had placed a large push broom at the entrance of the garage. This is the type of broom that looks like a capital T shape.

Ok... so as I drove the car into the garage I could not see the bottom of the broom and I drove over it. The tire rolled over the broom brush and caused it to WHACK against the side of the car. The broom shaft struck against the side of my car with enough force to make me yell out loud " What the h3ll !!!! "

If you cannot visualize what happened. Try imagining what would happen when you step on the working end of a rake and the shaft flies up and hits you in the head...

Because the car had not passed fully into the garage I had to drive forward - rather than attempt to get out and investigate what had just whacked the side of my car.

So as I drove the car into the garage I heard a scraping along the side of the car. I was pizzzed because I could not see what was scraping along the side of the car. But you could CLEARLY hear that the 'thing' rubbing against the side of the car was doing so with some force. It was simply resting against the side of the car - it was being wedged against the side of the car.

I parked the car and walked over to the passenger side of the car and I could see that the wood of the broom stick was very evident on my passenger fender. I licked my finger and with that bit of moisture I rubbed the area of the fender where the wood had scraped along the paint. The wood all came off.

The good news - the paint skin did not get damaged and had withstood the scraping by the broom. No scar... no marring... and once the wood chips were removed you could not tell that the fender had been scraped.

I tell this simple story to help give some further insight into the paint jobs ability to withstand simple everyday accidents that can and will happen during the life of the paint job.

This incident could have been a mini disaster if the paintjob was 'soft' or not resistant to scuffs.

Last edited by Marq; 08/06/06 10:40 AM.