another newby here

1st things charger dude your awesome for showing this method. I myself am new to body work/paint however my mother and grandfather(who used to work for gm in the assembly plant) have repainted numerous cars. My grandfather would kill me if he found out im doing this to my formy yet my mom is exited about the outcome.

iv read and reread this thread numerous times getting tips the technique and everything else i could from here. then dove head on into the project. started a test panel well 2 of em on being my blue fender and the 2nd being my headlight cover. i put maybe 4 coats on my headlight panel and about 6-7 on the fender and polished them up...not the greatest mind you just to get an idea and wowza.

heres what im starting with

just finished striping the car and sanding the drivers side a little bit ago when i decided i should sign up. went with sunset red from rusto on this so red to red minus the blue fender should be fun.

couple questions for everyone

i tend to sand all the way through the paint to the original color when wetsanding whats a good way to prevent this.

also with body lines same problem with the formy theres alot of sharp edges any ideas?

the other thing is i havent been painting long but from what i remeber with enamel paints your not supposed to wet sand the final coat just buff the hell outa it. i tried this with my headlight panel and the shine is amazing at an agle however head on its hazy

anywho rollers unite