Quote:

MARQ
How is the next {or}last coat of the brightside paint job coming?
Would love to see the finshed product.
Has anyone else tryed the brightside way yet ?
I have a spare door for my 36 chev coupe I may try it on.
Thanx
Bryan

I might be in position to snap some pictures this Saturday. I have been swamped with non-automotive activities this week.

I did learn one more thing about working with Brightside on a car....

The Interlux primer is called Pre-Cote. According to the folks at Yachtpaint.com, you should use the primer to provide a single color substrate to lay your paint on.

Ok... we all knew that. It makes sense and it is something that I concluded would help to make the best finish possible.

But what I picked up in the way of new info is that you can lay a second layer of primer AND YOU CAN ADD 50% OF YOUR color choice to the primer before laying it on. Apparently this gives the final finish an even deeper and richer look to your color.

I assume that if someone ONLY wanted to put on one layer of Pre-Cote primer... they could do the 50 / 50 trick in that one layer of primer.

And as I learned about that, it struck me that I had seen at the craft store these jars of metallic sparkles. That's right just the sparkles ( not in a spray bomb ). I started wondering if this 50 / 50 mix of primer and paint might be an interesting spot to dump those powdered sparkles... and lay them on in this primer coat.

I guess you just have to make sure that the sparkles are evenly distributed and suspended in the paint / primer solution.

Oh wll.. yet another potential experiment in the quest fo 'get something different and unique'