This is my first post on this subject, but I've been reading along and experimenting with Brightside for about 4 months. The bodywork on my vehicles are not yet done, so actual paint work on them is a few months away. I do have a good bit of paint experience. Mostly amatuer experience, other than some painter's assistant experience years ago, but I have been restoring cars for 30 years.

As to Charles' results...sounds like he used latex based Rustoleum. His results/problems all have the characteristics of latex and are definitely not the results I've ever seen or heard of with "regular" Rustoleum. On two occassions I've picked up the wrong can of Rustoleum off the shelf at the store and had picked up the latex Rustoleum instead of the "regular". Charles, check your can. If the can is labeled as the "regular", then it must have had the wrong paint put in it at the factory. That just has to be a latex paint.

As to Brightside...I love the stuff! Incredible hardness, shine, and flow-out...even using a cheap brush! I've discovered that the Fire Red can be mixed with the Rustic Red (discontinued) to get some fantasic colors. I've been able to mix Ford's Rangoon Red and Ford's Candyapple Red to an exact match (the colors of two of my cars). Out of the can, the Fire Red is actually true vermillion. Vermillion is a base color so it can be easily mixed to get other colors. The bad news is that it is tough to find any of the Rustic Red, though. The good news is that it is usually marked down 50% off the regular price when you do find it. I think that it has been discontinued for over two years, which takes it beyond the recommended shelf life, but I haven't found a can that is not OK, yet.