ive sprayed (hvlp) my buick 8 coats now with no problems. i did have a hard time with the june bugs and moths landing on the wet paint..... i did the door and trunk jams with the hvlp and all is well the only thing is after wetsanding the dried sanding dust paint gets in the jams and dries so it will not be wiped off that it so far, ive tried to use mineral sprits and it didnt work so i used a scotch brite pad and rubbed the jams then repaint the jams after all the wet sanding is done... all in all this is a great way to paint a car and my friends think i am using dupont paint and clearing it after the paint has dried......

the only thing that makes this a not so cheap paint job is the prep work. i have total is 200.00 for all supplies because i didnt have any paint tools at all to do the project. but the next vehicle (1989 gmc s15 jimmy 4x4) should be cheaper now i will have sandpaper and tools to do the job. i used 3.4 quarts on my buick so far and i am done painting now all the wetsanding and buffing will be done.