Quote:

Thanks Marq, that was exactly what i was hoping for, and very detailed. I will surely do that...

Anyone got any thoughts on question number 1?

Thanks a million for this thread!!! My buddies all think i'm insane already for wanting to roller my car, but hey, i DO live in Tennessee....

Marq gave excellent advice, marq - u must be in the business!!!! lol,

i can tell you from expirence that you really don't need to use the high heat stuff, just use the same paint as you would on the car, rustoleum/tremclad. As i mentioned a long time ago, the paint is very good at tollerating heat, my 74 beetle was painted underhood, and the rear apron with the tremclad, and air cooled VW's run HOT, VERY HOT, 6yrs and no issues with dammage to the paint from heat, so any water cooled car would have no issues at all. i would prep the area following marq's suggestions, they are excellent, and use the spray can in matching color gloss to do all the nooks and cranny's, resist the urge to apply heavy coats, and let each coat dry overnight, apply the first 2 coats as a "mist" coat and you'll be fine. if you spray it right with thin coats, there's no need to wetsand, the finish will be excellent. BTW the paint is very resistant to gas/oil/coolant, trust me i know, don't ask me how , lets just say "i know a guy"!!!!!