First off, I would like to extend major thanks to 69Chargeryeehaa for bringing this idea to the masses. And I can say, your timing couldn't have been better. Kudos also to all the people who have tried and tailored this method, and posted your project's progress, and to Moparts for having a thread that truly crosses boundaries and brings people together.

I have read all 67 pages of this awesome thread, and I think it is one of the most inspiring things I've seen on the web in a while. I followed a link to this thread from Grassroots and I have been hooked ever since.

I have recently acquired a project, and among many other things, she needs paint. Once I get the engine pulled and the body work done, she'll be ready. I have already special ordered my paint and bought all the other stuff I need to roller away. Sure, everybody thinks I'm crazy, but hell, they should have figured that out by now.

For anyone having trouble getting your Home Depot to special order a color for you, I had better luck going to the Customer Service counter rather than going to the paint counter. Just take the phone # for Rustoleum, (1-800-323-3585), and the model# of the paint you want. Be prepared to order a minimum of 2 gallons or 6 spray bombs.

I think the hardest part right now is figuring out if I want to go with any stripes or whatnot. I have been playing around with photoshop to see how different things will look. I have attached a pic of the car, not a mopar unfortunately, but a '76 Celica GT.

I have Rustoleum Professional Safety Orange on order(which matches the paint that's on the car now so closely it's weird), and I finally managed to find the weapons grade 100% stinky mineral spirits today at Ace Hardware (but only in quarts, no gallons).

I will keep you posted on the progress with pictures, once I get to that point I just had to log in and pay respects. Hopefully I will have something to contribute soon!